The prize is to win a National Trust holiday cottage/bunkhouse short break up to the value of £1,500 (including VAT) and the use of a BMW i3 to get you to and from your home and to use whilst staying at the cottage. The holiday is subject to availability and does not include any extras. No cash alternative or refund will be given and winners must be aged 21 or over. The competition is not open to employees of the National Trust, BMW Group companies or their families. The prize must be chosen from the current National Trust holiday cottages website, and cannot be used to purchase National Trust gift cards or vouchers, or redeemed against purchases already made. A chef will cook one meal for the competition winner and their family who are staying in the cottage/bunkhouse, but this is subject to availability and there is no cash alternative or refund possible.
The competition winner can use the prize as part payment towards a higher value holiday and pay the balance. The holiday must be booked and taken before 1 June 2019.
Standard terms and conditions of a holiday booking apply – see website for details: http://www.nationaltrustholidays.org.uk/terms-and-conditions.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions.
1. Open to residents of the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and the United Kingdom aged 21 or over who have held a full UK/EAA licence for longer than 2 years. The driver will also be required to provide a DVLA licence check code to fulfil the experience. Employees and their immediate families of BMW Group and its associated companies, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with this draw are excluded from entry. Only one entry per person, per household, no bulk or third-party entries or entries that have been reconstructed, forged or are incomplete. Employees of the National Trust and BMW Group and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are also not eligible to enter.
2.1 The prize is to win a National Trust cottage break up to the value of £1,500 and the use of a BMW i3 to get to and from your home and to use whilst staying at the cottage. Entry is gained by fully completing the BMW UK website bmw.co.uk/competitions. The closing date for entries is 31 May 2018. The prize is to be taken before 1 June 2019. Travel expenses to and from the winner’s home location to the holiday cottage/bunkhouse, including but not limited to, fuel and parking, are not included. No additional spending money will be included with the prize.
2.2 Insurance will be provided by BMW UK. Charging points will not be provided.
2.2.1 The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner’s preferred BMW i3 model will be available. BMW UK will decide which model will be delivered. This decision will be final. The vehicle can only be used for journeys within mainland United Kingdom.
2.2.2 The BMW i3 will be provided on a loan basis. The driver must be aged 21 or over and have held a full valid licence for a minimum of 2 years and no serious motoring convictions. The loan of the BMW vehicle is subject to a separate loan agreement and the BMW Loan Car Terms. The winner must agree to these terms before taking possession of the vehicle. Key Loan Car Terms excerpt: “the car may only be driven by the winner, only for private use excluding commuting and travelling sales and not for any form of racing; the winner is responsible for any fines, congestion or other charges arising from use of the car and for any damage arising from his failure to take reasonable care; the car is insured subject to an insurance excess of £500 for each and every claim under £5,000; £1,000 for each and every claim in excess of £5,000. Please note these excesses are in addition to any amount payable as a result of misfuelling and / or engine damage due to navigating through flooded areas. For clarity in such instances an additional excess to the value of 10% of the repair costs will be charged. Insurance does not cover personal belongings. BMW UK has the right to refuse permission to drive if driving offences/disqualifications have occurred or if BMW UK otherwise considers driver is unfit to drive.”
3. The opening date of the prize draw is 3 April 2018. The closing date for receipt of all entries is 31 May 2018. All entries received after this time on the closing date are automatically disqualified. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. BMW UK accepts no responsibility for entries incomplete, delayed, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received for whatever reason.
4. One entry per person. There will be one winner; the winner will be the first entry drawn by the Promoter at random from all the eligible entries on or around 25 June 2018 from all entries received across the competition to win a stay in a National Trust cottage and the use of a BMW i3 during break – the competition being run from 3 April 2018 – 31 May 2018.
5. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. The winner will be notified by 25 June 2018 and will be contacted by the BMW Event Support team on 01252 776 318 to inform them of details of the prize. The prize may be withdrawn from the said winner and a new winner drawn if the prize is not accepted within 7 working days of notification.
7. If the prize draw organiser is unable to contact or validate a prize draw entrant within a reasonable time, we will return to the overall pool of entrants and choose the next participant at random.
8. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered and the prize is not transferable.
9. No purchase necessary.
10. The Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary.
12. BMW UK or the National Trust do not accept responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, incomplete or otherwise not received or cannot be entered for technical or any other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt. Incomplete or illegible entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions and these terms and conditions are invalid.
13. Travel and accommodation are included and BMW UK and the National Trust accept no responsibility for any costs associated with any prize which is not specifically included in that prize, including, without limitation, personal expenses and insurance (travel and health). Winners are strictly prohibited from selling their prize to any other person or giving it to a third party. For the avoidance of doubt, BMW UK accepts no liability for the accommodation provided to the winner.
14. The winner’s name and county of residence will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to National Trust Prize Draw, Megan Harrall, National Communications, Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, GU14 0FB.
15. If you are the winner of this prize draw, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter without any financial reward.
16. By entering this prize draw, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your prize draw entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer this prize draw.
17. The Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. The entrant’s statutory rights are not affected.
18. In entering this prize draw, you confirm you are eligible to do so. The Promoter may require you to provide evidence of your eligibility.
19. The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit of intention of the prize draw.
20. Entries cannot be returned.
21. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in this prize draw.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend this prize draw where it becomes necessary to do so.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
24. The Promoter is BMW (UK) Ltd. Registered Office: Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0FB. Registered in England and Wales 1378137.