THE BMW 8 SERIES COUPÉ M MODELS IN COMPARISON.
THE SPORTY FACTS AT A GLANCE.
THE BMW M8 COMPETITION COUPÉ
- 460 kW (625 hp) high-performance M TwinPower Turbo V8-cylinder petrol engine
- M xDrive with Active M differential and 8-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic
- Exclusive design elements and equipment
- 460 kW/625 hp, 750 Nm, 0–62 mph in 3.2 sec
- THE BMW M8 COMPETITION COUPÉ
- THE BMW M850i xDRIVE COUPÉ
THE BMW M8 COMPETITION COUPÉ – PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS.
Driving dynamics and design features of the BMW M8 Competition Coupé.
The BMW M8 Competition Coupé embodies the peak performance mark for the BMW 8 Series Coupé M models.
- The high-performance M TwinPower Turbo 8-cylinder petrol engine with a displacement of 4.4 litres and 460 kW (625 hp) in combination with numerous drivetrain and suspension technologies inspired by motorsport sets clear signals: 750 Nm of torque and acceleration from 0 to 62 mph in 3.2 seconds.
- The iconic styling establishes a new design language for luxury sports cars and delivers a statement of dynamic performance as well as a striking presence. In the cabin, bold M features and luxurious details create a sporty and exclusive atmosphere.
- Driving dynamics
625 hp high-performance M TwinPower Turbo V8-cylinder petrol engine.
The latest version of the M TwinPower Turbo V8-cylinder petrol engine guarantees performance in keeping with the latest standards. The high-revving unit develops an output of 460 kW (625 hp). The two turbochargers stand out thanks to their cross-cylinder bank exhaust manifold with optimum response characteristics. The V8 engine is also designed for extreme loads on the race track.
Configurable M brake.
M specific kidney grille.
M Carbon bucket seats.
The optional M Carbon bucket seat with illuminated M8 logo combines the lightness and racing character of a bucket seat with the range of functions of an M sport seat. Its contouring offers perfect side support and excellent long distance comfort. It is compatible with multipoint harnesses and therefore fully suitable for racing.
M Sport exhaust system.
THE BMW M8 COMPETITION COUPÉ – IMPRESSIONS.
The design highlights of the BMW M8 Competition Coupé in the exterior and the interior.
THE BMW M850i xDRIVE COUPÉ – PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS.
Driving dynamics and design features of the BMW M850i xDrive Coupé.
- The 390 kW (530 hp) M TwinPower Turbo 8-cylinder engine accelerates the vehicle from 0 to 62 mph in 3.8 seconds.
- The progressive exterior design of the BMW M850i xDrive Coupé fascinates with distinctive design elements in Black high-gloss.
- The exclusive interior offers a sporty ambience that meets the most supreme standards of luxury.
- Driving dynamics
530 hp M TwinPower Turbo V8-cylinder petrol engine.
A top athlete conveying pure driving pleasure: The M TwinPower Turbo V8-cylinder petrol engine features superior power delivery and the striking, characteristic M engine sound. Two turbochargers, fully variable Valvetronic valve control and high precision injection petrol direct injection ensure outstanding performance.
The intelligent BMW xDrive all-wheel drive system smoothly and variably distributes drive power to the front and rear wheels for added traction, driving dynamics and safety in every driving situation.
Integral Active Steering.
Integral Active Steering combines support that varies based on the steering angle on the front axle, and rear wheels that also contribute to steering. At lower speeds, it offers greater manoeuvrability and agility by turning the rear wheels opposite the front wheels. Beginning around 37 to 49 mph, the rear wheels turn parallel to the front wheels, to increase driving stability and comfort.
M kidney and M exterior mirror.
M Carbon exterior package.
The optional M Carbon exterior package underlines the athletic demands of the vehicle. The side spoiler elements in the front bumper, the exterior mirror caps and the rear spoiler are made of carbon fibre reinforced plastic (CFRP). The package is rounded off by a diffuser insert at the rear.
'CraftedClarity' glass application.
The optional 'CraftedClarity' glass application comprises hand-made glass elements that visually and tactilely enhance the interior. The details of the gear selector switch, BMW Controller and Start/Stop button are made of fine crystal.
THE BMW M850i xDRIVE COUPÉ – IMPRESSIONS.
The design highlights of the BMW M850i xDrive Coupé in the exterior and interior
THE BMW 8 SERIES COUPÉ M MODELS: DRIVER´S COCKPIT & TECHNOLOGIES.
M specific instruments, operating concept, digital services and driver assistance of the BMW 8 Series Coupé M models.
The BMW 8 Series Coupé M models support you with numerous innovative technologies.
- The M-specific instrument cluster* and the M-specific Head-Up Display* ensure you of maximum clarity.
- The individually configurable M1/M2 buttons at the steering wheel*, the red start/stop button* and the centre console with M MODE* and SETUP* buttons offer additional motor racing flair.
- A large number of intelligent driver assistance systems and digital services provide an additional level of comfort and safety.
*Available for the new BMW M8 Competition Coupé.
- M specific instruments & intuitive operating concept
- Connectivity & digital services
- Driver assistance systems
M specific instrument cluster.
The M specific instrument cluster allows you to display additional information for particularly sporty driving. If you have selected the TRACK driving mode* for race track use, you can view the boost pressure, tyre pressures and temperatures as well as the G-force of lateral and longitudinal acceleration on the instrument cluster.
* TRACK driving mode exclusively for the new BMW M8 Competition Coupé.
M Setup in the new BMW M8 Competition Coupé, allows you to configure various driving dynamics parameters such as engine, transmission and steering characteristics, damper settings, DSC control intensity or the power distribution of the M xDrive all-wheel-drive system according to your individual requirements.
M specific Head-up display.
The M specific Head-up display* with configurable contents focuses on information relevant for sporty driving, such as the revolution counter with pre-warning range and shift lights, as well as the gear indicator.
* Available for the new BMW M8 Competition Coupé.
BMW Digital Key.
Remote Software Upgrade.
Your BMW is up to date with Remote Software Upgrade. Simply download it via the My BMW app or directly in the vehicle.
Connected Package Professional.
BMW Maps with Connected Navigation, Smartphone Integration incl. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and In-Car Experiences – the Connected Package Professional provides ample networking capability for your BMW. You benefit from increased comfort and improved operation.
Driving Assistant Professional.
The optional Driving Assistant Professional offers optimum comfort and safety during critical or monotonous traffic situations. Apart from the contents of the Driving Assistant, it also includes Steering and Lane Control Assistant with extended functions, Emergency Stop Assistant and Lane Keeping Assistant with active side collision protection.
Parking Assistant Plus.
The Parking Assistant Plus, available as standard on the new M8 Competition, makes parking and manoeuvring the vehicle easier. It features among others the Surround View system including Top View, Panorama View, Remote 3D View, as well as a lateral parking aid, the emergency braking function Active Park Distance Control, BMW Drive Recorder, Parking Assistant with longitudinal and lateral guidance and Reversing Assistant.
BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant.
Communicate with your vehicle using the BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant. Say natural commands to operate numerous vehicle functions. It can also explain topics about your vehicle and helps you to get to know your BMW even better.