In the event of a Shortfall Insurance claim, what supporting documentation needs to be sent to BMW Protect Services?
As well as our claim form, you will need to provide:
- Written confirmation of the motor insurance settlement offer including confirmation of the excess payable (if applicable) following your claim for total loss
- A copy of your motor insurance certificate
- Copies of the original sales invoice or receipt relating to the insured vehicle
- A copy of the engineer's report if applicable
- Details of any replacement vehicle and excess paid
- A copy of any applicable finance agreement
- Written confirmation from the finance company of the early settlement amount and how it has been calculated will be required
IMPORTANT: Please note that you must not accept your motor insurer's valuation of the vehicle without consent from our Claims Department.