Online Genius.

To ask your question, simply type a word or phrase in the box and let our Genius help you with the answer.


In the event of a Shortfall Insurance claim, what supporting documentation needs to be sent to BMW Protect Services?

As well as our claim form, you will need to provide:

  • Written confirmation of the motor insurance settlement offer including confirmation of the excess payable (if applicable) following your claim for total loss
  • A copy of your motor insurance certificate
  • Copies of the original sales invoice or receipt relating to the insured vehicle
  • A copy of the engineer's report if applicable
  • Details of any replacement vehicle and excess paid
  • A copy of any applicable finance agreement
  • Written confirmation from the finance company of the early settlement amount and how it has been calculated will be required

IMPORTANT: Please note that you must not accept your motor insurer's valuation of the vehicle without consent from our Claims Department.

Was this answer helpful?