Ryder Cup Competition #DriveYourTeam
Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is open to residents of Great Britain & Northern Ireland (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales), the Isle of Man and Channel Islands only, excluding employees of BMW Group UK, their agents and anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion and/or with Ascot Races. Only one entry per person, per household, no bulk or third-party entries.
2. All entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
3. The promotion starts and entries can be made from between 09:00 on Thursday 4th September 2014 and 23:59 on Sunday 14th September 2014 (“Promotion Period”).
4. : Five winners will each win 1 x pair of standard Thursday to Sunday general admission tickets to the Ryder Cup in Gleneagles, Scotland from the 25th to the 28th of September 2014 (“the Prize”).
5. To participate, you (hereinafter “You”, “Entrant” or the “Participant”) must log into your Twitter account and tweet a message of support for Team Europe or Team USA in the 2014 Ryder Cup which includes the hashtag #Driveyourteam to be entered into the competition.
6. Further entry conditions:
a. Entries must be the entrants own work; and
b. Entrants must not submit an entry that infringes or violates the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights, excluding that of the Promoter.
c. Maximum one entry per person.
7. Winner Selection: The winner will be selected within 2 working days of the end of the Promotion Period by a panel of independent judges, including Paul McGinley. The entries will be judged according to the following criteria:
a. How supportive the entry is to their chosen team.
b. How interesting the entry is.
c. Relevance of the entry to the Ryder Cup; and
d. Originality of the entry.
8. Winner Communication: The winners will be contacted by the Promoter via a public tweet on Twitter within 3 working days of winner selection. Winners must follow the Promoter and send the Promoter a direct message to confirm that they would like to claim the Prize. If the winners do not respond within 2 days of initial contact, or if a winner fails to respond in full within this timeframe, that winner may be disqualified and the Prize awarded to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have a shorter timeframe in which to respond.
9. Further Prize Conditions
a. The winners and their guests may be required to provide proof of age and identity and any documentation as reasonably required to validate their eligibility to claim the Prize.
b. Guests must be at least 18 years old;
c. The winners are responsible for the behaviour of themselves and their guests when participating in the Prize and expected to comply with any event/venue terms and conditions that form part of the Prize. Failure to comply with these terms may result in a winner and or their guest being asked to leave the event venue;
d. Any costs or expenses not expressly included in the Prize pursuant to these terms and conditions including but not limited to travel costs, parking, accommodation, meals and drinks will be the sole responsibility of the winners and their guests.
10. BMW does not accept responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, incomplete or otherwise not received or cannot be entered for technical or any other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt. Incomplete or illegible entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions and these terms and conditions are invalid.
11. The Prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
12. Invalid Entries: Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries submitted by or via third parties or syndicates, entries submitted by macros or other automated means, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the competition in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that participant’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void.
13. The Competition is without any obligation to make a purchase for entry; there is no entry fee. However, a valid Twitter account and internet access is required.
14. Travel and accommodation are not included and BMW accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with any Prize which are not specifically included in that Prize, including, without limitation, meals, personal expenses, insurance and travel expenses in connection with the Prize. Winners are strictly prohibited from selling their Prizes to any other person.
15. Where required by mandatory local law, the identity of the winners will be published.
16. Winner agrees that they may be required to take part in publicity or other promotional activities without further consent and financial reward as later determined by the Promoter. Such publicity may include their names, images and/or likenesses as well as any contributions in the online Competition.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate the promotion without prior notice, provided that the Promoter shall not exercise this right unreasonably.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries which they believe to be fraudulent or based on misconduct.
19. The Promoter and their agents accept no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this promotion or for any failed connection by the Participant’s attempt to access the Web-site for whatever reason.
20. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss and/or personal injury suffered by the winner or any individual chosen to participate with the winner in the Prize as a result of their participation in the promotion.
21. By entering this promotion, entrants agree to the personal data they supply being used by the promoter or its agents or contractors to administer the promotion
22. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Twitter, and that Twitter has no liability for any element of this promotion.
23. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion.
24. This promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
25. Promoter: BMW (UK) Ltd, Ellesfield Avenue, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8TA.